Wednesday 4 June 2014

Swatches: Nails Inc Picnic Perfect Collection Part 2

Hello everyone!

I've finally finished my exams! And my final year at University! I was planning on posting these swatches last Friday but exams tired me out! I'm back now though and have loads of posts lined up!

So today I have swatches for the second half of the Nails Inc Picnic Perfect Collection.You can see part 1 here.





First we've got Leonard Street which is a bright neon pink creme polish. I've shown it here with 2 coats and topcoat. The colour is gorgeous but I found the formula for this polish was thin and 'watery' so it was difficult to control where the polish went.


Next is Ebury Square Gardens which is a lovely sky blue creme polish. I've got 2 coats on with topcoat. Again I found the formula was thin.


The next one is Ranelagh Gardens which is a mix of shards, strands and hex glitter in a pale blue base. I love this polish - it really reminds me of the movie Frozen! I've got 3 coats on its own on my middle and ring finger and 1 coat over Ebury Square Gardens on my index and little finger. All nails have top coat. 



And lastly, Warwick Road is a gorgeous sparkly polish packed with silver glitter pieces. I've shown it here with 2 coats. As glitter polishes are always such a pain to remove, I decided to try out the DIY peel-off base coat method where I painted my nails with PVA glue and let it dry before using the glitter polish over it. I used this tutorial. It made it really easy to remove the polish by just peeling it off!  I used top coat but could have done with another coat because it hasn't completely smoothed everything out!



So to sum up the formulas were thin but were less so for the glitter polishes - maybe the glitter had something to do with that I'm not sure? However, the colours are all so gorgeous that I didn't mind that much! Also, I was surprised at how quickly the polishes dried even after a few coats! Don't forget to check out Part 1 of this collection!

Let me know what you think and I'll be back soon with some more nail-related stuff!

4 comments: