Saturday 26 April 2014

First Attempt at Roses!

Hello everyone!

Today I attempted some free-hand roses for the first time and here's how they turned out!






I painted all my nails with Barry M Watermelon. For the roses I used Barry M White, Barry M Prickly Pear and Barry M Bright Purple. I used a dotting tool dipped in white for the roses first so all the other colours would show up against the background. Then I used a small brush dipped in Prickly Pear first and then Bright Purple to do the details for each rose. I tried using a toothpick dipped in polish for the detail but I found I had less control than with a brush. I used Seche Vite for the topcoat.

They look better from a distance I think - when you look too close you can see they are a bit messy haha but for a first attempt I think it's good! I debated whether I should add leaves or not but I think I prefer them like this. I really like the colour combo too! :)

Let me know what you think and I'll be back soon with some more nail-related stuff!

2 comments: