Tuesday 22 April 2014

Earth Day!

Hello everyone!

Happy Earth Day! Today (22nd April) is Earth Day which aims to raise awareness and appreciation for the earth's environment and the nail art I've done is based on this :)






I painted 1 coat of Rimmel Blue Vogue on all my nails except my thumb which I painted with 2 coats of Barry M White. Then using a small brush dipped in Barry M White I outlined the Earth and filled it in. I did it in white first so that the blue of the earth (Barry M Cobalt Blue) would be brighter. I did the same thing with the continents on the earth and did them in white before going over it in green (made by mixing Barry M Cobalt Blue and Barry M Lemon Ice Cream). I used this same green on my thumb for the writing. To make the twinkling stars in the background I used China Glaze Fairy Dust. I used Seche Vite for the topcoat.

Fairy Dust is such a pretty polish. My camera didn't pick it up very well but the glitter pieces change colour depending on how the light is hitting it :)

Let me know what you think and I'll be back soon with some more nail-related stuff!

4 comments:

  1. They are such a beautiful colour!!

    http://cat3zoe.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! very pretty nails!

    ReplyDelete