Saturday 17 January 2015

Rainbows and Unicorns

Hello everyone!

Last week I bought Barry M Greenberry which is a really gorgeous minty green colour and I wanted to use it in the gradient design which I've done today. This design really reminds me of unicorns - I think it has something to do with the pastel rainbow gradient :)



I created the gradient with a sponge, Barry M Green Berry, Barry M Dragon Fruit and Barry M Lychee. I made the drips using Barry M Lychee. I used a dotting tool to mark where the end of each "drip" should be and then a small brush to actually paint it on. Finally I added highlights to the drips using a small brush dipped in OPI Alpine Snow and topped the whole thing off with a layer of Seche Vite top coat.

The glitter was sort of an afterthought and I added it half way through doing the design. That's why on my ring and little finger the drips seem to stand out against the background more because I painted a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust before painting the drips, whereas on my index and middle finger I painted Fairy Dust on after doing the drips. I think the design looks so much better with the glitter!


Let me know what you think and I'll be back soon with some more nail art!

No comments:

Post a Comment