Monday 23 December 2013

Galaxy Nails: First post!

Hi everyone! I know galaxy nails have been around for ages but there are so many variations out there and I love them so here's my take on it.


This is what it looks like in bright light. It's so sparkly! I actually took this picture a week after I painted my nails and it's only chipped slightly on my little finger! Not bad huh?

My favourite nail!

I think they looked really great in dimmer lighting as well. I loved using all the glitter!




I applied a basecoat using Orly Top 2 Bottom and painted all my nails with Rimmel Blue Vogue. Next I sponged the beautiful blue/green colour Rimmel Mania on part of my nails. I then sponged on Miners Millennium Gold and Rimmel Delight on top of that. Then I put both Claires polishes over my whole nail but I only put the unlabelled gold glitter over Rimmel Delight. I made some dots for stars with a dotting tool and white acrylic paint. I made some crosses as well but I don't think they look that great (haha never mind!) I finished it off with a top coat using Orly Top 2 Bottom.

Overall I love these nails! Galaxy nail art has to be one of my favourites and I love how everyone does it differently. I'd love to hear what you think of my version so leave a comment below and I'll be posting soon with some more nail-related stuff!



2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, galaxy nails were my first post too! They look gorgeous, so sparkly :)

    ReplyDelete