Friday 12 August 2016

Butterfly Nails! #glamnailschallengeaug

Hello everyone!

I've always wanted to try out butterfly nails, so when I saw the next prompt for the Glam Nails Challenge was 'butterflies', I was so happy! A lot of people have done this butterfly design and I wanted to do it with a duochrome polish as I feel like it made the design come to life!


The above photo was taken in natural daylight. The 2 photos below were taken under my daylight lamp and you can really see the duochrome colour shift!



Polishes Used:

  • Barry M Mediterranean (duochrome - pink/orange shift)
  • OPI Alpine Snow (white)
  • Black acrylic paint
I started with 2 coats of the pink/orange duochrome and applied a layer of top coat (Glisten and Glow HK Girl). Then I drew the butterfly wings with black acrylic paint. Applying a top coat first means you can scratch off the acrylic paint if you make a mistake. That definitely helped as I was able to smooth and neaten the lines. Next, I used a dotting tool and white polish to make some dots and applied a final layer of top coat to seal everything in.



As you can see I'm doing a few nail art challenges this month. If you want to see what I've done so far, click below!

Glam Nails Challenge
3rd Aug - Watermelon
7th Aug - Purple

Weekly Nail Art Challenge
5th Aug - Opal

Let me know what you think and I'll be back soon with some more nail art!



No comments:

Post a Comment