Saturday 8 August 2015

WNAC2015: Lemon and Cherry

Hello everyone!

This month I'm taking part in the Weekly Nail Art Challenge (WNAC) 2015! This challenge was started by @missbellatracey, @simplynailogical and @kgrdnr on Instagram. It's been ages since I last took part in a challenge and I really enjoy them so decided it was time to have another go! I like that this challenge is weekly - I don't think I could manage more than that!

The theme for this month is 'summer' and there are four prompts that we have to use to create a summer design. The first prompt is 'lemon and cherry' and below is the design I created.

Image taken from @wnac_tkc Instagram page


I was surprised to find I only own two yellow and one red nail polish (I think some nail polish shopping is in order!). I used them all for this design.

I first painted my nails white with OPI Alpine Snow. Then I used the dry brush technique and Barry M Lemon Ice Cream, Mustard and Bright Red to get this effect. I decided not to use top coat for this design as I liked the textured effect that was created.

I love the dry brush technique! It's one of those things that looks like it takes ages but actually only takes 5 minutes! For anyone who doesn't know, this technique is where you basically just wipe most of the polish off the brush and then swipe the brush on your nail. It's a great idea if you want to do some nail art but don't have much time to do it!


Let me know what you think and I'll be back soon with some more nail art!

2 comments: