Tuesday 23 August 2016

Pearl Nails! #WNAC2016

Hello everyone!

I'm running a bit behind with the nail art challenges I'm taking part in this month. The next theme for the Weekly Nail Art Challenge is 'Pearl'. I struggled with this theme because I had no idea how to create this effect on my nails. I don't have any pearl nail art decorations or any white pearlescent polish, but after a quick google search I found that you can get pearls in a range of colours such as purple, green and orange. This gave me the idea to use some of my duochrome polishes from the Barry M Aquarium collection for this design. After searching through my nail polish collection, I also found Rimmel Black Pearl which looks just like it's name suggests.


Polishes Used:
  • Rimmel Black Pearl
  • Barry M Mediterranean (orange duochrome)
  • Barry M Arabian (green duochrome)
  • Barry M Persian (purple duochrome)

I painted my nails with Rimmel Black Pearl. Then I used a dotting tool and the duochrome polishes to create this design. Having black polish as a base also really helps the duochrome polishes to pop. Finally I applied a coat of Glisten & Glow HK Girl top coat.


As you can see I'm doing a few nail art challenges this month. If you want to see what I've done so far, click below!

Glam Nails Challenge
3rd Aug - Watermelon
7th Aug - Purple
10th Aug - Butterflies
14th Aug - Panda

Weekly Nail Art Challenge
5th Aug - Opal
12th Aug - Marble

Let me know what you think and I'll be back soon with some more nail art!



No comments:

Post a Comment